Friday, June 26, 2020

Netlify + Namecheap + ImprovMX = New Website

So with my recent splurge into development I realized that eventually I'd need a domain with a real looking website. The formatting options here on Blogspot suck horribly, I can't even use this place to host my resume without it looking like a 12 year old Dutch girl composed it.

So I will be making the move slowly to BenHart.Dev

I do have to say... the Reddit suggestions from r/webdev to use Netlify were spot on! I mean there was a tiny DNS record issue on the backend but one forum post is all it took to resolve it.  They even support deploying straight from github/bitbucket/etc which really excites me.

Plus setting up a free ImprovMX account allows me to forward mail sent to ben at benhart.dev to my personal Gmail account!

And going with Namecheap for the domain.. their Beast Mode name search really helped me narrow down the domain name I wanted.

I'm super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment