Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Coursera: Python For Everbody

EDIT: The dates are wrong.. I actually completed this back last month. Just forgot to post it.

So I after hew and hawing over Python for the better part of 2 years I finally decided to go after what I can afford.  The PY4E Specialization on Coursera is led by Dr. Chuck Severence from the University of Michigan: Ann Arbor. The guys great at explaining things in a way for total noobs to understand.
This specialization is listed as a 6 month duration but I felt like spending more than 2 hours a week so I knocked it out in about a month.  Even got a certificate to prove it!

What I liked about the experience was  they incorporate assignments to help practice and drive home what was taught. Some were difficult for me I'll admit.. I did resort to IRC help on #python for a few of them.

But it was so much more effective than lecture alone.

Anyway now I'm onto the next specialization, Python for Beginners.

No comments:

Post a Comment