Friday, December 6, 2019

Quickbooks, Potential firewall issue?

Quickbooks.

Everyone I know that has to support it.. hates it.

I hate it.. because I have to support it.

Ok I won;t drone on here, but something stupid I ran into the other day. Three ladies with identical mapped drives to a server housing the database. Due to some DHCP weirdness one of them pulled an ip from a different subnet. So because I was in a hurry (and it really should not have mattered) I disconnected her original mapping and remapped using the primary IP address of the server which just so happens to be on a different VLAN.

She could ping it, she could SMB browse and see the DB and other files. However QB refused to open it citing some stupid shit about QB is not able to open the file due to a potential firewall issue.

Long story: Short.. I fought this nonsense for an hour before finally giving up. Remapping the drive to the original IP and BOOM it opened right up.


No comments:

Post a Comment