Friday, February 6, 2015

Unable to release quarantine msg in Office365

So we recently were forced to migrate off on-premise Exchange 2010 servers to Office365, I won't even go into how much I fought against this.

Anyway today I hit yet another problem, and something that Google had no results on either.  After checking my Quarantine messages:

https://admin.protection.outlook.com/quarantine

I found a message that I wanted to both release and mark as not junk.  So I did what you are supposed to do.. I highlighted the message line and clicked the little envelope icon


And instead of being greeted with a message stating it was successful I got this:


All the Google results references Powershell but with a different variable name like Identity.  Unable to find a cause and being a little bored I tried teh pencil icon, which opened a popup like

Weird thing is, choosing to release and report as false positive from here worked.  It's not an actual resolution IMO as much as a work around.  But maybe this tid bit will help out others.


No comments:

Post a Comment