Monday, February 23, 2015

Removing Public Folders using ADSIEDIT for Exchange 2010

Since our migration to Office365, I now have zero active mailboxes on my on-premise servers.  So now it's time to re-purpose them.  Starting with the one in my local site, I need to use a few of those drives so here I got uninstalling Exchange 2010.

Long story short, I ran into an issue where I could not remove teh PF's (I have two PF db's)

All forms of removing the public folder databases left me with mysterious replica's that I could not see via get-publicfolderstatistics, nor using the Public Folder Management Console.

So I headed off to ADSIEDIT and deleted the two entries in there.  Re-ran the uninstall and it's completing as I type this.

Source: http://blog.dargel.at/2012/01/19/remove-public-folder-using-adsiedit/


Exchange 2010
Open ADSI-Edit and got to configuration
Navigate to this path:
CN=Configuration,DC=DOMAIN,DC=LOCAL
CN=Services
CN=Microsoft Exchange
CN=EXCHANGE_ORG
CN=Administrative Groups
CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
CN=Databases
CN=PUBLIC_FOLDER_DATABASE

No comments:

Post a Comment