Monday, October 6, 2014

70-411, Administering Windows Server 2012 - Directions Training

So last week I was off at home.. back in my basement sitting through the 70-411 Administering Windows Server 2012 course via WebEx with Directions Training.  maybe it's just me but I'm not a fan of the compressed lecturing styles.
I realize that there's limited time to go through the official material, but if I were paying real money for these courses I'd expect a higher level of professionalism, and "complete-ness".  Don't skimp on the examples, don;t skim over the lessor topics.  I want the instructor to touch every part of the curriculum. You know.. if the material required 9 days... or 12 days I'd go through it in order to cover 100% of the material, as I'm sure most others who are paying good money for these courses would.

Granted many of the topics are not new to 2012, but it's a great refresher for those of us who don't use every part of a Microsoft server OS on a daily basis.

I had wanted this post to be a review of the material but I come back to the training provider on every thought.  For the price of the course you do get a virtual copy of the official Microsoft training book, with the labs for each section, which is a good thing.
You can also re-take the course for up to 6-months.. But I don;t think anything new would be gleaned from such an undertaking.


I only hope that the third and final course, 70-412.. the Instructor might keep on track and keep the detail level set to high.

That's my 0.2 anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment