Wednesday, February 27, 2019

OPNsense and PIA (Private Internet Access)

So.. I'm finally getting around to setting up my homelab, it helps to be buying a house, lol.

Ok so onward, a very good buddy of mine allows me to share his PIA account, and since I recently rolled from pfSense to OPNsense I decided to night to set it up.  To help create this I logged into the PIA account and generated an OpenVPN .ovpn config file, everything you need is within..



First things first, you need to create a new Certificate Authority via System -> Trusts -> Authority.  Copy and paste the
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
parts into the Certificate data field.. make sure to name is something descriptive.

Then goto System -> Firmware -> plugins and install the OpenVPN client.

Once complete, we will configure it..  VPN -> OpenVPN -> Clients and Add a new one.

Now here I  and used what was in it.. so





 Once complete I checked teh status at VPN -> OpenVPN -> Connection Status and saw it was connected.  Now you will want to create a new Interface; Interfaces -> Assignments -> New then pick the latest addition.. in my case it was "ovpnc1".

Then head over to Firewall -> Rules -> LAN and create a new rule:



And set the gateway tot eh new interface you created.. (obviously edit the Source ip to whatever IP your machine is using that you want the traffic to traverse this new VPN connection).

And there you go.. all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment