Monday, August 11, 2014

Installing and Configuring Microsoft Windows Server 2012

Hi all!
I was out all last week for an online, instructor-led training course provided by Directions Training on the 70-410 material which is.. Installing and Configuring Server 2012.  Some might ask, "Why would you waste the $$$ on the easiest course on almost any MSFT OS?"

Well for a couple reasons honestly..

My last certification was MCSA: Windows Server 2003.  I completed it back in 2004 and while I have supported 2008 and 2012 since then, I figured there'd be some new things.
Secondly, I did not pay for it.. I was able to use 5 training vouchers from my parent companies EA.

I was right too, there have been a few, albeit small changes officially and I did actually learn a couple new things about 2012.  The provider I found was Directions Training which was listed at a Microsoft Partner under the online training offerings.  I was pleased overall, the instructor Coach Culbertson was entertaining, humorous and very knowledgeable.  He spoke very well and offered many real-world examples of situations relating to the tasks covered in the book.  I'd recommend Directions and Coach to anyone looking for additional training as Directions covers ALOT of subjects/publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment