Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Juniper EX switch, config backup and restoration.

Recently we bought a Juniper EX2300-48MP switch based off much research and many reviews.. in addition the price point and performance beat out a comparable Cisco Catalyst.

Anyway yesterday morning the switch ran into issues that resulted in a support call and an RMA'd unit being sent out. FF to today and I've got the new switch in hand so now it's time to backup and restore the working config from old to new.

I won;t bore you with details bu suffice to say it took a helluva lot of Googling to finally find a process that works.  Seems the vast majority of Juniper guides out there are for their routers.


Anyway setup an FTP server locally, then SSH into your source switch and run:


  • cli
  • config
  • save ftp://username:password@ip_address/filename

On the destination device:

  • cli
  • config
  • load replace ftp://username:password@ip_address/filename
  • commit

Yes I know.. it's pretty easy but trust me when I say it took me a good hour to find this so I wanted to document it here.



No comments:

Post a Comment