Friday, December 28, 2018

Docker, giving it a shot.

So years ago when the name Docker started circulating I thought it was stupid... such BS.
Did I give it 2 minutes?  Nope.  A real head in sand moment if I must say.  FF to today.. I am accessing a full Team license to Pluralsight via $boss at $work and I stumble across the Docker course.
Ok.. fine.
So I plow through the intro and my ears are perked. If I were a dog, my tail would be at 12 o'clock.

So I have this Mac Mini at home that un recently was my Plex media server, well the thunderbolt nas I used as my BE storage up and died. So I loaded docker-ce and went to town.

Right now I've got containers for Pi-hole and Portainer.  I've always wondered how much of an impact pi-hole would make in a house with 5 internet users so it's up and going.  Then portainer because it was recommended by an acquaintance in IRC and a mention from the Googs.

So far pi-hole is eating an impressive 44mb of ram and portainer 7.54mb.  <Borat "very niice">  I'm impressed, honestly. I'm now searching for other legit container uses here at home.. I want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment