Thursday, January 26, 2017

Rescan Linux VM guest for new vmdk w/o reboot

So recently at $work I've been handling a project to migrate production and test Oracle environments to new hardware on top of new vSphere as well.

So my job is corralling the DBA contractor, keeping him on par and whatnot.  Anyway this post isn't about that really.  The servers themselves are CentOS 7 with Oracle 12c, and in the name of Best Practices I've created 5 hdd's: OS, U01, U02, tmp and Backups.  So last night DBA requests another named U03 to house teh redo log files.  Ok sounds good, but this time I did not want to have to bounce the server to see the hew 'hardware'. So credit goes to: Vivek Gite @ here


echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/host#/scan


Works like a friggin champ!  Of course this string returns nothing but a quick Fdisk -l shows that my sdf was found.

*drops mike*

No comments:

Post a Comment