Monday, February 8, 2016

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS - Mount terminated with status 32

I have a cloned Ubuntu 12.04 vm (ESXi 5.5) that was giving the below error while mounting an NFS share:

mount.nfs: Connection timed out
mountall: mount /netapp [514] terminated with status 32


/etc/fstab:

cat /etc/fstab
netapp:/vol/vol0/custom /netapp nfs intr 0 0




After much time spent Googling I discovered that a number of other folks had resolved this issue by either installing or replacing their GUI.  Following another advise I installed KDM, then shortly after I remembered by dislike for KDE so I replaced it with GDM.

Some might argue the mount issue can't be related to a GUI, to that I can't argue.  But I know what resolved my error.  For good measure though after the fact I altered my mount line to:

netapp:/vol/vol0/custom /netapp nfs intr,_netdev,timeo=15,retrans=7  0 0

No comments:

Post a Comment