Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Trumpf Trumatic, running Win NT 4.0, networking issue.

Today I had a networking issue with a Trumpf laser here at work.. It had lost network connection over night.  So using my trusty Fluke MicroScanner Pro I was able to determine a pair shorted in the cable drop.  Tracing the run back to the switch and using the wire mapping adapter I then discovered that in fact the wire was testing good now.  Swapped switch ports (out of habit), went back to the Trumpf's controls, rebooted the machine and when it came up the drive mapping still failed.  I tried vain fully to exit the Trumpfs gui and gain access to the desktop which failed.  I then logged off, which actually made the machine reboot again and to my surprise the drive mapped successfully this time.
Not sure what happened but I plan on finding a way into their software to be able to perform some more in depth troubleshooting functions in the future.

Spoke with a tech at Trumpf and was told that on these older models the underlying OS is made by Bosch and to access it you hit

Focus
Menu
2426

Then pick Service.

No comments:

Post a Comment